Disclaimer

The content of this blog represents my views and my experiences and mine alone. They do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Postponed

I have made the difficult decision to withdraw from the Peace Corps process. I was offered my dream job and could not pass it up. I still hope to complete Peace Corps service within the next decade but I realized that it does not have to be now.

It is my hope that a few more years of professional experience will actually make me a more qualified candidate for service. I was a bit upset after sending the e-mail to withdraw my candidacy but ultimately I know I made the right choice for me at this point in my life.

3 comments:

  1. what is the dream job you were offered?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for taking that path. That is a very difficult decision, but one which will ultimately prove to have been the best one for you. I hope that everything works out as well for you as it did for me since I made a similar decision several decades ago. After a career that included grad and post-grad schools, I am finally an applicant awaiting an invitation. I am certain that I will be a vastly different PCV now than I would have been decades ago.
    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be a hall director at a small private liberal arts school that is incredibly social justice and self-governance focused. It is the exact job I wanted to land when I returned from Peace Corps so I will just be doing the two in reverse :)

    ReplyDelete